This week’s challenge wasn’t a hard one for me: when I think about hope, it brings me back to my visit to New York. One of the things I visited was St. Paul’s Chapel, which played an important role during the attacks of 9/11, providing help such as meals, beds and counseling. Now, the Chapel tells the story to millions of visitors a year, by pictures, personal stories and a timeline.
The picture below shows a panel filled with hands, drawn by children with their own thoughts about what happened. The words ‘peace’ and ‘why?’ really got to me, it gives me hope that the adults of the future will make better decisions and horrible events like 9/11 will never happen again.
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Hope (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Hope (seekingsearchingmeaning.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Hope (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge – Hope (40again.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Hope (gleniswade.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Hope-2 (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)